If you receive a document to be signed on DocuSign, it is a free service.
However, if you are uploading documents, you must subscribe. The most basic plan is currently $10 a month, but you should check their website for pricing guidelines. Additionally, they often have Free Trials which is ideal for a one-time document upload.
How to sign a document you are sent in DocuSign:
- You will be sent a secure email with a “Review Document” button. Click “Review Document” to begin the signing process.
- Before you review the document you will be required to read the “Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure” and “To agree to use electronic records and signatures”. Click the checkmark then click “Continue”.
- Click the “Start” tag to begin the signing process.
- You will then be asked to verify your name and initials and to Adopt a Signature.
- Once you finish clicking all signature tags in the document, click “Finish” and a message will appear stating that you have finished the document process.
- You can now download a PDF copy or print the document for your records.
Uploading a document to DocuSign:
- Sign in to DocuSign.
- To upload a document hit the “Start Now” button.
- You can either drag and drop the file, or hit “Upload” to select the file you want to upload.
- Once uploaded, click the “Next” button.
- Now add the recipients of the document. Make sure you add the recipients role, by selecting the “Needs to Sign” dropdown list.
- Now Prepare the document for electronic signing. Drag and drop the necessary actions on the specific spot of the document where action is necessary. Use the below as a guide. Hit “Next” when finished.
- Now, you can input the email subject line and email message. Once done, hit “Send”.
How to track the status of a sent document:
- Sign into DocuSign.
- Click “Manage”.
- Select “Sent” to see the status of the documents you have sent.
How to Initiate an Application
Converting Renters into Buyers
Building a Real Estate Business with Rentals