There are many different platforms that real estate agents can use to build their business and rake in leads, and in this article, we will focus on growing your business on Google Ads.
Many real estate agents wonder why they should even bother to start marketing on Google Ads or read this blog. You are not wrong in questioning whether or not this might be the best way to grow your business but let’s see how you feel by the end of the article.
Why do some real estate agents fail?
Most businesses that start marketing on Google Ads fail, so don’t worry. Being in this industry doesn’t exclude the real estate industry. One of the main reasons some people fail in Google Ads is that they don’t understand how the platform works and have a goal in mind.
Here are some common mistakes made when starting Google Ads
Using incorrect keywords
- Any Google Ad campaign can go downhill quickly and be very costly if you don’t have the right keywords. Keywords are search terms entered on Google that has a results page where the websites are listed. If the set keywords are incorrect, you will end up showing up for the wrong clients.
Ads that are lacking
- When you set up Google campaigns, you will need to create compelling ads in pulling people’s attention. You want to be not only informative but eye-catching.
They are sending people to a terrible website
- There is nothing worse than clicking on an ad and not finding what you are looking for. Making sure your website is easy to use and easy to navigate is crucial to the success of your campaigns. You don’t want to spend money on searchers that are just going to leave your site.
- It is essential that you set expectations for the success of your campaigns. Google takes time and testing to find that perfect area for you to drive up performance. Make sure you collect data and understand the appropriate changes that need to be made before making any adjustments.
Other factors can cause the downfall of your Google ads campaign but let’s dive into how Google Ads is Right for your business and how you can become successful.
Google is so much work, so how is it right for me?
Google Ads is measurable and flexible.
- Google allows you to measure the success and failure of your campaigns which will help you make valuable adjustments.
Allows you to control cost
- With Google Ads, you can set and stay within the budget that works best for your business growth. You can set what you are willing to spend money on and how much you want to spend on any given day or month.
Best way to get in front of your competitors
- Google chooses paid ads over organic traffic, which allows you to show up as the first search on the search platforms.
People are looking for you; you are not looking for them.
- When you go onto a search platform, you are looking for something, which means that as an advertiser, the searcher’s intent is clear. If someone searches “real estate agent near me,” they are looking for you instead of you looking for someone that is looking to find a real estate agent.
Now that you have a small list of why marketing on Google Ads can help grows your business, here is how you would start.
- Create an account
- Make sure you have a website
- Set up a budget you would like to sue
- Come up with keywords that you want to come up for
- Write your ads
- Decide where you want to show up
- Launch your ads.
There are plenty of resources out there that can walk you through every step of marketing on Google Ads, and we hope this can at least get you started.
Hope to see you on the Google search page soon!